History: Glenesk was founded in 1897 in the town of Montrose under the name Highland Esk Distillery within the buildings of an old flax mill. As soon as 1899 it was sold for the first time, alongside with its first change of name to North Esk Distillery. During the first half of WWII the production was mothballed, but recommenced in 1938 under the name of Montrose Distillery - but Grain whisky was produced instead of Malt whisky. In 1964 Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. bought the distillery and changed the prodution back to Malt whisky - this time under the name of Hillside. 1980 the name was changed to Glenesk but nevertheless it was closed shortly thereafter, in 1985 and in 1992 the license was cancelled.
Character: apples, wood, vanilla
Show 1 to 1 (of in total 1 products)